EEA Family Permit

EEA Family Permit

Our specialist immigration Solicitor dealing predominantly with EEA/EU immigration applications makes it possible for non EEA nationals to join their EEA family members in the UK.

We are offering bespoke service to our clients and we aim to surpass the expectations. We will consider your circumstances and we will make sure that the application is prepared using the strongest arguments. The more complex the application is, and the more difficult the circumstances are, the harder we will work to ensure the desired result.

We are representing clients that are wishing to join their spouses, parents, children, cousins in the UK, but also unmarried partners.

We have recently represented an Armenian national that wished to join her long term partner in the UK. She had made an application for the family permit prior to appointing IMD Solicitors and the application was refused. When she spoke to our immigration Solicitor she was advised that a fresh application needs to be made and new evidence provided. Unfortunately, the EEA national that our client wanted to join was still married to his previous partner.  Due to very difficult circumstances and an illness of the previous partner of the EEA national, it was not possible to apply for a divorce. Nevertheless our team dealing with the EEA immigration applications have managed to obtain relevant evidence that supported the application and proved, that even though the couple was not married and moreover, the EEA national was still married to his former partner, the relationship was durable and the application was successful.

They  EEA Family Permits are issued in advance of the journey and they are free of charge. The EEA Family permit is valid for 6 months, however, the national that arrived in the UK through that route would not ‘’overstay’’ simply because of the expiry of the document. Due to the fact that the UK is leaving the EU, if there will be no deal negotiated with the EU, subsequent application to the EU Settlement will have to be made before the date specified by the Home Office. Current guidance states that the deadline for applications will be 31 of December 2020.

There are currently two ways to apply to join your partner or a family member in the UK:

  1. The EEA Family Permit
  2. The EU settlement Scheme Family Permit
The EEA Family Permit

You can apply if:

  • You are close or extended family member, for example a brother, niece, or nephew (if you are extended family member you have to show that you are dependent on the EEA citizen).

Close family members are; spouses, civil partners, children or grandchildren under 21, children or grandchildren dependent on the EEA national, dependent parents and grandparents.

It is possible to apply, if the  EEA citizen that you will be joining, is either in the UK already, or will be travelling to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application

If the UK national is in the UK already there is also a requirement for that EEA citizen to live in the UK in accordance with EU Regulations, which means that they either have to have a right to permanently reside in the UK  (permanent residency card or document certifying permanent residence) or they have to be a ‘’qualified person’’ i.e. looking for work, self- employed, studying or self-sufficient.

If the EEA national has got settled or pre settled status you can apply to the EU settlement Scheme family permit instead.

If you require advice on whether you are eligible to make an application for EEA Family Permit or whether you can stay in the UK after your permit expires please contact IMD Solicitors and one of our advisors will be able to help you.

Funding Your Case

Please note that our firm does not offer services under legal aid. We offer an experienced, bespoke and personal service to our clients. Our pricing information can be found under Our Costs

Contact us for a successful Permanent Residency application for you and members of your family. 

Read what some of our clients say about us here

Call now to discuss your case:

0333 358 3062
Request Callback Mon-Fri: 9am-5:30pm