Our Family Law team specilises in leading cases that have international and multi-jurisdictional elements. We advise those that have international connections in relation to their family matters particularly in the following areas:
We deal with:
- Divorce proceedings in the UK where parties have international connections
- Recognitionabroad of your divorce judgment made in England and Wales
If you have reached a decision that your marriage has broken down or if your spouse has, then you firstly need to take time to think about the options available to you. Perhaps you are a French or German national living in England. One of the first considerations you will have is which country you should bring divorce proceedings and we can help you with this decision.
International divorce cases that we can help you with:
- One or both parties are foreign nationals living in England and Wales
- One of the parties lives abroad but has connections with England and Wales
We deal with:
- Financial proceedings in the UK following foreign divorce judgments
- Pre and post-nuptial agreements where the parties have international links, assets or are located outside of the UK
- Separation agreements
If you have reached a decision that your marriage or relationship has broken down then you firstly need to take time to think about your options available to you when deciding how the assets should be divided. Or you may currently be considering entering into a marriage and want to protect yourself legally prior to the marriage (pre -nuptial agreement) and then following the marriage (post-nuptial agreement).
We deal with:
- Relocating to a foreign jurisdiction and getting permission from the UK court to move overseas permanently or on a temporary basis. We have experience dealing with cases where one parent decides upon the breakdown or a marriage or relationship to move back to their country of origin.
- Child abduction- dealing with the unlawful removal of a child from the jurisdiction of England and Wales or another jurisdiction or when a child is brought to the England and Wales unlawfully and retained.
- Advice on specific issue order applications in the UK court: where there are issues with a child’s UK or foreign passport especially when consent is being withheld by the other parent
If any of the above areas concerns you then you we strongly advise you to take legal advice at the earliest opportunity as these matters can be extremely time sensitive.
Working with a close network of International Lawyers and Partners, makes access to domestic and international law straightforward, quick and practical.
Our multi-cultural Family and Children law team are highly trained and knowledgeable in all aspects of family law and will do their utmost to secure the best possible outcome for you.