Have you been affected by a medical mistake made here in the UK?
Our specialist and compassionate medical negligence lawyers are here to help in the event that you or a loved one have been affected by a mistake made by a medical professional.
Medical negligence is the inadequate treatment of a patient by a medical professional which has led to injury, pain, trauma or even the worsening of an existing medical condition.
Negligence can occur through medical malpractice, incorrect treatment, delays in proving a correct diagnosis or by being treated by an unskilled health care professional including general practitioners (GPs); doctors; nurses, pharmacists; dentists and other physicians. Claims can be brought against either the NHS or private institutions.
Important information about medical negligence
We have all at some point had to put our full trust in a medical expert when we have needed treatment for a health condition or illness. Unfortunately though not everyone receives the care they should and this is proven by the fact that in the UK there were 17,338 claims brought against the NHS in 2016-17, of which 9,675 resulted in compensation being awarded to the affected patient or their family.
The types of medical negligence claims made can arise from (but are not limited to):
- Accident and emergency (A&E)
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Prescription and medication errors
- Dental negligence
- Cosmetic surgery
- Brain injury
- Birth injury
- Nerve injury
- Spinal injury
- Orthopaedic injury
- Fatal medical negligence
It’s important to note that if claims are not made when a medical mistake has occurred, then medical organisations will not be given the opportunity to consider and put in place new processes or procedures to ensure that the same mistakes are not made again.
The NHS and other medical institutions have to have valid insurance in place which will cover them in the event that a member of their team are negligent. This means that their insurer has the responsibility to pay out compensation to affected patients.
Large organisations such as the NHS instruct specialist hard-hitting lawyers to defend the claims made against their medical professionals so when making a claim you really will need the best legal expert to fight your corner.
Our specialist multi-cultural medical negligence lawyers have extensive experience and understand the distress and upset that a medical mistake can cause. We will take the time to listen and tailor our service to your own individual needs to ensure that you get the answers and compensation that you deserve.
The claims process
- It costs nothing to contact us to find out if you have a case.
- We will consider your individual circumstances and will quickly let you know if we can help.
- If we accept your case, we will request your medical records at no charge to you.
- If necessary, to support your claim further, we may need to secure additional medical evidence. In the event of this, we will instruct the best independent medical expert(s) to assess you and report on the impact that the medical mistake has had on your life.
- Our specialist legal team will then vigorously negotiate with the other side’s lawyers to achieve the very best outcome for you.
- Upon successful negotiation, we will ensure that your compensation will be paid to you as quickly as possible. Your compensation pay-out will include an amount for physical and/or psychological pain and suffering along with an amount for any “special damages” that you may also be due i.e any financial losses incurred as a result of the medical mistake.
No Win No Fee
We offer our services on a “NO WIN, NO FEE” basis.
This means that there’s nothing for you to pay upfront, and that you won’t have to pay any legal fees if your claim isn’t successful.
If successful, part of your compensation will be paid to us to cover our fees. This cost will be a percentage of the compensation awarded to you at the end of your case. This percentage is a usual and standard charge throughout the legal industry.
If you have been the victim of a medical mistake, it is vital that you contact a Solicitor as soon as you possibly can. Contact our trusted multi-cultural medical negligence lawyers today to get your claim started.