Daxa is Civil Litigation Solicitor of 25 years. She has a wealth of experience in Health care, Personal injury law including Medical negligence, Civil litigation and Community care law for the elderly.
Daxa’s experience in Clinical Negligence claims include the following areas-
- Serious injuries to patients including spinal and brain injury
- Surgical errors
- Delay and miss diagnosis of cancer and fractures
- Death caused through clinical negligence
- Serious injury to the elderly
- A & E claims
- Eye injuries
- GP. Errors
- Nerve damage injury
- Sepsis Claims and MRSA claims
Before joining us in October 2019 she was a Partner & head of a Personal Injury team in a national law firm in Leeds where she worked for 18 years.
She has dealt with cases involving still births, gastric band errors, delayed diagnosis of gall bladder cancer, Lisfranc fratures, missed diagnosis of recurrent cancer, delayed diagnosis of meningitis, missed diagnosis of a cranial bleed to the brain as well as fatal claims involving failure to provide anti-coagulation medicine resulting in death supporting families at inquests.
Her background gives her a unique insight allowing her to undertake a forensic and careful analysis of evidence to identify medical/ legal issues at key stages and support clients in compassionate manner.
Testimonials from her former clients include:
- “A note to say thank you for your help and kindness over the last 6 years. Your professionalism was always tempered with kindness and warmth. Your help and support was a great comfort to me and my husband”. (Mrs. W)
- “You have been wonderful and I am truly grateful for your patience. I think you are amazing and your clients and friends are very lucky to have you in their corner and in their lives”. (Mrs. C.)
- “I cannot put in words how happy myself and my family are with the outcome of the case. You personally, I cannot tell you how much I really want to thank you for going that extra mile”. ( Mr. W.)
- “I can’t think of ways of improving your services as I am satisfied with your professional approach”. (Mr. M)
Notable cases include
- Missed cranial bleed to the brain £275,000 compensation
- Fatal claim negligent heart failure £200,000 compensation
- Employer liability negligence £286,000 compensation
- Amputation claim £1.1. million compensation
Previous Law Society Personal Injury accreditation Panel member for 15 years and APIL, the Association of Personal Injury lawyers.
Outside of work she is a Trustee of Carers Leeds and a volunteer with Silver Line, a national charity which empowers the over 60’s and helps to reduce their social isolation. She is a Leadership Coach for lawyers and professional in strategic roles. Daxa is a marathon runner and enjoys writing, yoga and cooking for others.
Her Mission –
To help victims of medical negligence secure justice with compassion and humility.
To empower senior leaders to thrive and enhance their ability to achieve their personal and professional dreams.
To empower our seniors to live a respectful and dignified life on their terms.