Accidents in public places

At IMD Solicitors we can assist if you have had an accident in public places with out specialist personal injury solicitors.

Have you had an accident and suffered injury in a public place in the UK?

Contact our expert personal injury UK solicitors to make a claim. Our offices are in London, Manchester and Birmingham. Call 0330 107 0107.

Local authorities (Councils) and business owners have a duty to ensure that their environments and premises are safe for public. Unfortunately though, some organisations do not always adhere to the regulations and laws put in place to keep us safe here in the UK.

Our experienced, highly rated and multi-cultural personal injury UK lawyers can claim for compensation on your behalf if you have had an accident and were injured whilst in a:

  • Shop
  • Street
  • Supermarket
  • Public house; or
  • any other premises you were visiting.

Our skilled UK specialist lawyers will work closely with you so that we can advise you on the best course of legal action tailored to the individual circumstances of your accident.

What type of accidents in public places can you claim compensation for?

The most common types of accidents in public places are slips, trips and falls. These often occur as a result of uneven pavements or roads, stepping or driving into a pot hole in a road or slipping on wet floors in supermarkets, shops, cafes, restaurants or public houses.

Other accident circumstances in public places can occur from (but are not limited to):

  • falling from/down staircases; or
  • falling objects (items falling from scaffolding for example); or
  • use of defective equipment such as broken doors or playground apparatus

What to do if you have had an accident in a public place

  • Make a note of where the accident happened
  • Gather evidence at the scene of the accident – measure any defect (i.e holes in the road or height of loose pavements) and take clear photographs
  • Report the incident and ensure it is properly recorded in an accident book
  • Make a note of any witnesses (name, contact number and correspondence address)
  • Go to your GP and/or hospital
  • Make a diary entry of all your symptoms
  • Keep a record of your expenses and other financial losses
  • Contact a Solicitor

No Win No Fee

We offer our services on a “NO WIN, NO FEE” basis.

This means that there’s nothing for you to pay upfront, and that you won’t have to pay any legal fees if your claim isn’t successful.
If successful, part of your compensation will be paid to us to cover our fees. This cost will be a percentage of the compensation awarded to you at the end of your case. This percentage is a usual and standard charge throughout the legal industry.

Contact our Specialist Solicitors for Accidents in Public Places in Manchester, London or Birmingham

Our team of multi-cultural personal injury UK experienced lawyers are on hand to clearly explain the complex claim procedure for accidents that have occurred in a public place. Contact us today so we can get your claim started for you.     

Call now to discuss your case: 0330 107 0107
Request a call back Mon - Fri: 9am -5:30pm

Awards and Accreditations

Advice Centre

Feb 2024

£100K Compensation in Manufacturing Workplace Injury Claim

Read more

Did you have an accident in a public place in the UK?

Our personal injury law experts are ready to support and
help you