Alicja received her political science degree (BA) and law degree (MA) from Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Poland. While there, she completed a
Alicja received her political science degree (BA) and law degree (MA) from Nicolaus Copernicus University in Torun, Poland. While there, she completed a diploma course in English and European Union Law organised by British Law Centre, formed and managed by an educational charity Juris Angliae Scientia based at Cambridge University’s Law Faculty. During her studies she has been granted Rector’s Award for Academic Excellence (twice).
Alicja pursued EU abroad programmes that enabled her to gain experience of working for law firms in Venice (Italy) and London (United Kingdom).
Having completed her degree, Alicja joined IMD in May 2017 as a paralegal in the Commercial and Corporate Department. Alicja very quickly developed into a capable file handler who is responsible for a number of cases in the department, ranging from non-contentious advice to litigated matters in a wide range of commercial, civil, corporate and employment matters.
Since she joined IMD, Alicja has been assisting our clients with:
- Corporate matters (such as appointments and terminations of appointments of company’s officers, restoration of the companies, producing internal policies and other documents),
- Civil matters (debt recovery, enforcement of a judgment, applications to apply for charge, civil litigation, advices on Penalty Charge Notices, application for a bankruptcy order and annulment of bankruptcy order),
- Commercial matters, such as negotiating compensation in construction cases, contract disputes in B2B relations,
- Employment matters involving advice and drafting, reviewing, amending contracts of employment, handbooks and internal policies,
- Cross-border cases involving jurisdiction of Polish Courts (civil and criminal).
Alicja has a special interest in aviation law (civil aviation). She has participated in a course organised by the UK Civil Aviation Authority on international aviation law. She will be continuing her studies within this area.
Alicja has been recommended by our clients:
“We would like to express our sincere appreciation especially to Alicja Bielawska, the IMD paralegal who diligently guided us through the application process and prepared our final documents for submission to the Home Office. She work tirelessly on our behalf.”
“Very professional service”
“I sincerely thank you for professional assistance with my matter.”
“Very professional, getting things done quickly, fantastic cooperation and very friendly service. Thank you Ms Alicja Bielawska for everything you are doing for us.”